Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A gelatin dessert lightened up. Found in Light & Tasty magazine. Cook time is chill time.
Make and share this Cran-Orange Gelatin Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 15 ounces mandarin oranges
- 2 (1/3 ounce) packagessugar-free cranberry gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups water (boiling)
- 16 ounces whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups pretzels, crushed (salt-free preferred)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons sugar substitute, divided (or equivalent to 5 tbsp sugar)
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 8 ounces reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- Drain oranges, reserving ljuice in a 2-cup measuring cup; set oranges and juice aside.
- IN a large bowl, dissolve the gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cranberry sauce until melted.
- Add enough cold water to the reserved juice to measure 1 1/2 cups; add to gelatin mixture.
- Stir in the oranges and chill until partially set.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the pretzels, butter and 2 tablespoons sugar substitute.
- Press into an ungreased 13x9x2 inch dish; chill.
- IN a small mixing bowl, bat cream cheese and remaining sugar substitute until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread over crust and spoon gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer.
- Chill for at least 3 hours or until set.