Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe from First Magazine dated 12/28/09. . .placed here for safe keeping til I can get them made!!! They recommend it as a side dish to lamb for a holiday meal.
- 1 large leek, trimmed and julienned (white parts only)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 30 ounces fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons walnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. On baking sheet, gently toss leeks with 1.5 T olive oil.
- Arrange Brussels Sprouts cut side down on baking sheet surrounding leeks.
- Season with salt/pepper, if desired. Roast 20 minutes, until Brussels sprouts are tender.
- In bowl, gently toss together roasted sprouts, leeks, cranberries, honey and remaining oil.
- Garnish with walnuts if you like.
These were really delicious, made as a side for chicken wings and parsleyed potatoes. Definite company-worthy food. So glad I chose this recipe. Made for ZWT6 ~ FAMILY PICKS and the Queens of Quisine!
Oh, JB! I really wish my photo could do this recipe justice! I'm afraid either the time or temp was too much, as the leeks are burned beyond recognition and the sprouts got charred on the bottoms. I peeled off a few of the top leaves on the sprouts & tossed them with the cranberries, honey & olive oil anyway. Definitely not sorry I tried these! Even burned they're delicious. The sweetness from the honey & the tart cranberries really balance out the cabbage-like flavor of the sprouts. I'll be making this again. The green & red colors would be beautiful on a holiday table. Thanks for posting! Made & enjoyed for ZWT-6 Team Xtra Hot Dishes! :)