Recipe by JanuaryBride
Recipe from First Magazine dated 12/28/09. . .placed here for safe keeping til I can get them made!!! They recommend it as a side dish to lamb for a holiday meal.
Top Review by kitty.rock
These were really delicious, made as a side for chicken wings and parsleyed potatoes. Definite company-worthy food. So glad I chose this recipe. Made for ZWT6 ~ FAMILY PICKS and the Queens of Quisine!
- 1 large leek, trimmed and julienned (white parts only)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 30 ounces fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. On baking sheet, gently toss leeks with 1.5 T olive oil.
- Arrange Brussels Sprouts cut side down on baking sheet surrounding leeks.
- Season with salt/pepper, if desired. Roast 20 minutes, until Brussels sprouts are tender.
- In bowl, gently toss together roasted sprouts, leeks, cranberries, honey and remaining oil.
- Garnish with walnuts if you like.