Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this recipe in a Readers Digest in the Doctors office a few years ago and it has been a must have during holidays ever since. The Recipezaar database did not recognize "one bag of broccoli slaw" the 3 cup measure is approximate
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 cups broccoli slaw mix
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, like craisins
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- Whisk the Balsamic with the Dijon mustard then wisk in the maple syrup, vegetable oil , garlic, lemon zest, and salt and pepper.
- Combine broccoli slaw ,dried cranberries and onions.
- Pour dressing over and toss.
Wonderful! My kids even ate it and they hate everything. It's even better after sitting in the fridge for a couple days.
We enjoyed this salad, but I would cut down on the oil by half as it left an oily taste in my mouth. Otherwise we enjoyed it! Thanks.
Loved this salad! I made it one night and then we ended up out to dinner so we had it the next night, wasn't sure what the long marinating time would be like but it was great. Loads of flavor and a thumbs up from the whole family. I will be using this one again, it's a keeper.