Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Southern Living.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 cups frozen blueberries, unthawed
- 1 cup frozen cranberries, unthawed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- In a large pan, stir stir together the cornstarch and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Add the frozen berries, lemon juice, and vanilla to the pan; bring to a boil while stirring constantly; boil 1 minute.
- Pour into a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine baking mix and 2 tablespoons sugar; cut in butter using a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in egg and milk.
- Drop by 2 tablespoonfuls onto hot berry mixture.
- Bake in a 400° oven for 20-25 minutes or until cobbler is golden and bubbly.
- Serve warm cobbler with whipped cream or ice cream.