Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Found this from Light & Tasty and sounds like a great fall treat. Have not made it yet so can't really say - but I like the sound of it. I'll say more once I get a chance to make it.
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 3⁄4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups apples, chopped and peeled
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, halved
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- In a mixing bowl, bet the egg, egg whites, brown sugar, oil, applesauce and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients; stir into applesauce mixture just until blended.
- Fold in apples, cranberries and walnuts.
- Pour into a 13"x9" baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Duct with confectioners' sugar.
Delish! Skipped the walnuts but otherwise made as directed. It was a hit at the potluck I brought it to. Thanks for sharing!