1/2 Photos of Cran-Apple Walnut Cake (Lighter Version)
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Found this from Light & Tasty and sounds like a great fall treat. Have not made it yet so can't really say - but I like the sound of it. I'll say more once I get a chance to make it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 3/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups apples, chopped and peeled
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, halved
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1In a mixing bowl, bet the egg, egg whites, brown sugar, oil, applesauce and vanilla.
- 2Combine dry ingredients; stir into applesauce mixture just until blended.
- 3Fold in apples, cranberries and walnuts.
- 4Pour into a 13"x9" baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 5Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 6Cool on a wire rack.
- 7Duct with confectioners' sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cran-Apple Walnut Cake (Lighter Version)
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.1
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 12.4 mg
- Sodium 259.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 28.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g