Top Review by jerri822
This was AWESOME!! Wow, I still can't believe it. The sauce had a sweet-tart taste that went very well with the flavor of the pork. We were all licking the saucepan too. Thank you Dancer^
- 1 cup cranberries, fresh
- 1 cup cooking apple, coarsely chopped and peeled
- 2⁄3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced and peeled
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 (3/4 lb) pork tenderloin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer for 2 minutes or until thick.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Place mixture in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Trim fat from pork and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Divide cranberry mixture in half.
- Brush pork with half of the cranberry mixture.
- Place pork on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until thermometer registers 160 degrees.
- (Slightly pink).
- Serve pork with remaining cranberry sauce.