Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I created this recipe to use some fresh cranberries and a golden pineapple before I just ate the whole thing! I hope you will find it a very different and enjoyable dish.
- 8 ounces fresh cranberries
- 8 ounces fresh golden pineapple
- 1⁄2 fresh winesap apples (gala, braeburn, etc) or 1⁄2 other tart sweet apple (gala, braeburn, etc)
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon sweet mirin (Riesling, Spaetleze) or 1 tablespoon sweeter white wine (Riesling, Spaetleze)
- 1 teaspoon honey (sweetener of choice) or 1 teaspoon agave syrup (sweetener of choice) or 1 teaspoon sugar (sweetener of choice)
- Peel and chop the apple into a moderate dice.
- Cut the pineapple into chunks to match.
- Neither should be too much larger than the whole, uncooked cranberries.
- Put all of the ingredients except the coconut and the sweetener into a heavy small pot, and cover it.
- Set the heat to halfway of your maximum power, and let it cook.
- the mixure.
- Stir at intervals as you hear the berries popping, there should be adequate juice in the fruit to prevent burning if you stir it often enough.
- When the berries are largely popped, add the sweetener and the coconut.
- Stir and combine until as done as you like, cool briefly and serve, or chill overnight and serve cold the next day.