Recipe by Laura Leigh
Great fall dessert. I love the apple pies with the crumble mixture on top. I got this from a Southern Living Cookbook.
Top Review by Indiana Debbie
We had been trying to find some ways to use the apples from our tree when I came accross this recipe. UUUUmmmmm GOOD! You'll like it even better the next day. Had to substitute walnuts for the pecans but the pie was still wonderful.
- 4 cups peeled sliced cooking apples (about four large)
- 2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen,thawed
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 9 inch pie shell
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine apple and cranberries in a large bowl.
- Combine ¾ cup sugar and next 4 ingredients; add to apple mixture, tossing gently.
- Spoon into pastry shell.
- Combine ½ flour and next 3 ingredients; stir mixture well.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or food processor until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in pecans.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over apple mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.