Recipe by Colorado Lauralee
If you like cranberries, you'll love this pie. It is so-o-o good. Note: I use Splenda for the sweetener, and usually 4 good sized Granny Smith apples.
- 1 (9 inch) double crust pie crusts
- 5 cups granny smith apples, peeled, pared and thinly sliced
- 1 cup cranberries, whole
- 3⁄4 cup seedless raisin
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine apples, cranberries (fresh or frozen) and raisins; mix in 3/4 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Pile into pastry shell; dot with butter. Place top pastry on pie.
- Brush with milk, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400°F for 45-50 minutes or until apples are tender, and shell is a golden color.
- I have also sometimes added walnuts and I always mix the sugar and cinnamon together before adding to the remaining ingredients.
- Great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Serve warm or cold.