Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
A muffin batter takes on a new shape with this hearty, harvest time muffincake. I got this from LOL.COM. It looks so good. Putting it here for safekeeping
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup land o lakes fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup land o lakes butter, melted
- 1 cup tart cooking apple, peeled, cored, coarsely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons land o lakes fat-free half-and-half
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, sugar, pecans and baking powder in large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine fat free half & half, butter, apple, egg and vanilla in medium bowl. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Gently stir in cranberries.
- Spread batter into greased and floured 9-inch round cake pan. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and cake is golden brown. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- Combine powdered sugar and enough fat free half & half for desired glazing consistency in small bowl. Drizzle over warm cake.