Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A beautiful dessert for the holidays and a way to perk up the usual apple crisp we all love.
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- vanilla ice cream (optional) or Cool Whip (optional)
- Combine apples and cranberries in a greased 11x7x2-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with sugar and lemon juice.
- Toss oats, walnuts, butter and brown sugar; sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream or Cool Whip if desired.