Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a yummy bread to be eaten with your coffee or tea--great for Thanksgiving or Christmas morning.
- 8 rhodes texas frozen dough rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter, soft
- 1 cup sliced apple
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 egg white, beaten
For the icing
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Allow rolls to warm to room temperature. On a sprayed or floured surface, roll dough into a 12 x 18-inch rectangle. Spread butter on entire surface.
- Place apple slices lengthwise down center third of dough. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Spoon cranberry sauce over cinnamon.
- Make cuts from filling to dough edges at about 2-inch intervals. Alternating sides, fold strips at an angle across filling. Fold bottom edge towards filling and finish by stretching last strip and tucking under bottom end. Using both hands, lift onto a cookie sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brush with egg white. Bake 25 - 30 minutes in a 350°F oven. Place on rack and allow it to cool slightly before slicing. Glaze with thin icing, if desired.