Recipe by Sassy Red Chef
Ooh la la, these mushrooms will excite your tastebuds in every mouth watering bite. So many flavors, balanced to perfection inside a juicy white button mushroom. Great for brunch, an appetizers served as an entree tossed with pasta.
- 1 (3 lb) package white mushrooms, washed and cleaned, caps removed, no more than twenty
- 4 mushroom stems, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 0.333 (8 1/16 ounce) package breakfast sausage
- 2 teaspoons italian dried herbs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Clean the monterey mushrooms with a damp cloth, make sure any dirt is removed from the tops.
- Pull out stems, set four stems aside, toss the remaining. Cut and mince stems.
- Peel two cloves of garlic. Mince, should be about 2 teaspoons.
- In med. mixing bowl, combine sausage, I chose mild breakfast but you may use Italian or spicy, mix with garlic and stems, toss in Italian herbs and onion powder.
- Begin to scoop out mixture and fill up caps. Do this until all caps have been filled, any remaining can be smeared on the tops again.
- Bake in 375 degree oven inside a small square casserole dish for 25 minutes or until the sausage is fully cooked and the mushrooms are tenderly juicy.