Recipe by shancarter
This is a modification of my original cookies found at http://www.food.com/recipe/craisy-cho-conut-bliss-cookies-513770. I was out of shredded coconut, so I adjusted the coconut flour and added tapioca flour, and reduced the amount of liquid. I also changed the process some, to try to make it easier and faster to make these... Gotta keep up with everybody who's gobbling them up...
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces pitted dates (NOT chopped dates, they have added sugar and are much harder, broke my food processor!)
- 100 g coconut oil (melted in microwave for 1 minute) or 1⁄2 cup coconut oil (melted in microwave for 1 minute)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds (purchase flax seed meal or use a coffee grinder)
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- 10 ounces craisins (Craisins do have added sugar)
- 5 ounces chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life Foods brand)
Directions See How It's Made
- Please note: I have a 1000W microwave. Times below may need to be adjusted if your microwave is different.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour dates and water into a microwave safe bowl and cover. Microwave for 5 minutes.
- Measure coconut oil into microwave safe container. Microwave for 1 minute, and stir until completely melted.
- Let dates and coconut oil sit and cool for 5 minutes, while you mix the dry ingredients. (They need to cool long enough that it won't hurt your food processor to puree them together.).
- Measure coconut flour, tapioca starch, and ground flax seed powder into your mixing bowl. Whisk together until well mixed.
- Puree pitted dates, water, coconut oil, and honey in a food processor.
- Mix wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well blended.
- Fold in Craisins and chocolate chips (or whatever mix-ins you prefer).
- Scoop and drop onto a prepared cookie sheet (using a SilPat or parchment paper). These cookies do not spread, so you can roll and slice, or form with your hands or whatever you prefer. I used a 1 Tbsp cookie scoop for these.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.