1/1 Photo of Craisy Cho-Conut Bliss Cookies
I originally intended this to be a Larabar kind of snack, but it tasted more like a cookie dough, so I added flax seed gel and baked it. O.M.G.! Unfortunately, I didn't write down the original recipe, and I'm working on recreating it... Here's the closest thing I've got so far...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds (purchase flax seed meal or use a coffee grinder) or 1 tablespoon psyllium (I use the Konsyl brand Psyllium Fiber Powder, found with the laxatives near the pharmacy)
- 8 ounces pitted dates (NOT chopped dates, they have added sugar and are much harder, broke my food processor!)
- 28 g coconut flour or 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 250 g shredded coconut
- 6 fluid ounces orange juice or 6 fluid ounces water
- 170 g honey or 1/2 cup honey
- 108 g coconut oil or 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 10 ounces craisins (Craisins do have added sugar) or 10 ounces raisins
- 10 ounces chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life Foods brand)
- 1Make the date paste ahead of time, as listed in steps 2-6.
- 2Pour 1 cup water into a 2-qt. saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 3Pour pitted dates into boiling water and let boil for 5 minutes, to soften dates.
- 4Remove dates from heat, add orange juice, honey, and coconut oil, and let cool until comfortably warm to the touch.
- 5Pour dates and liquid into a blender or food processor, and process until smooth.
- 6Let the mixture cool. If it is still warm, you can refrigerate it. (If it is still warm when you mix it, the chocolate chips will melt!).
- 7Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 8Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper or SilPat.
- 9Pour ½ cup water into a cup, and stir in flax meal (or Psyllium Fiber Powder). Allow to sit for 5 minutes or so, to thicken.
- 10Put coconut flour and shredded coconut into a large mixing bowl. (I use a KitchenAid stand mixer.) Whisk or mix these together.
- 11Add flax gel and date paste to the mixing bowl with the coconut and blend well.
- 12Add in the Craisins and chocolate chips (or whatever mixins you prefer), and mix well. (These amounts were used because they were entire packages, but you can increase or reduce these, as well as add nuts or other fun things.).
- 13Drop by teaspoonful or melon baller/cookie scoop, or roll into a log and slice. Flatten if desired. Put cookies on prepared pans. (These do not spread, so you can put them close together.).
- 14Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes, or until cookies are nicely browned.
- 15Allow to cool for 10 minutes or so before removing from cookie sheet. (This is difficult -- These are SO good warm -- ).
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Craisy Cho-Conut Bliss Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.3
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: