Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love Craisins! As I was eating some out of the bag earlier today, I noticed they have a recipe on the bag that sounds REALLY good! So I wanted to post it here before I ate all the Craisins and threw away the bag! :) I may even throw in some bacon bits... mmmm!
- 8 ounces fresh spinach
- 1⁄4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries (Craisins)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup feta (optional) or 1⁄2 cup goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (optional)
- Wash and clean spinach. Tear into bit sized pieces and place in serving bowl.
- Add half of cheese and 1/4 onion. Toss to combine.
- Combine dressing ingredients (vinaigrette, oj, and orange zest) in a small mixing bowl.
- Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with Craisins and almonds. Serve immediately.
A classic salad combination. This salad is good any time of the year and for practically any ocassion. I made this as written, using my own balsamic viniagrette and used goat's milk feta cheese. The orange juice and zest gives a nice, sweet flavor. Thanx for posting!
This really was the best dried cranberry/feta salad I've tried! I made my own balsamic dressing and added fresh orange juice/zest. I couldn't get over how fresh and sweet it tasted. I will be making this often!, MeliBug! Roxygirl
*Reviewed for Aussie NZ Forum Recipe Swap August 08* Wonderful salad. The balsamic and orange combination was refreshing. Loved the crasins and fetta cheese together. We used baby spinach leaves for our salad and the optional toasted almonds. Actually our salad became our main meal in a large bowl and topped with floured and pan-fried chicken pieces. Yum! Photo also to be posted