Recipe by MeliBug
I love Craisins! As I was eating some out of the bag earlier today, I noticed they have a recipe on the bag that sounds REALLY good! So I wanted to post it here before I ate all the Craisins and threw away the bag! :) I may even throw in some bacon bits... mmmm!
Top Review by *Parsley*
A classic salad combination. This salad is good any time of the year and for practically any ocassion. I made this as written, using my own balsamic viniagrette and used goat's milk feta cheese. The orange juice and zest gives a nice, sweet flavor. Thanx for posting!
- 8 ounces fresh spinach
- 1⁄4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries (Craisins)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup feta (optional) or 1⁄2 cup goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and clean spinach. Tear into bit sized pieces and place in serving bowl.
- Add half of cheese and 1/4 onion. Toss to combine.
- Combine dressing ingredients (vinaigrette, oj, and orange zest) in a small mixing bowl.
- Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with Craisins and almonds. Serve immediately.