Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I adjusted this recipe from Ocean Spray so it would be a little healthier for my daughter, who is diabetic. These reminded me more of a scone than a cookie, though. They are not super-sweet, but my six-year old liked them and I enjoyed them with a cup of coffee. What do you think?
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup craisins
- preheat oven to 375.
- using electric mixer, beat butter and sugar and splenda together until light and fluffy.
- add eggs, mixing well.
- in seperate bowl, combine oats, flours, baking soda and salt.
- add to butter mixture in several additions, mixing well after each addition.
- add Craisins and stir.
- drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- cool on wire rack.