Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Craisins are sweetened dried cranberries by Ocean Spray. They're yummy!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 (6 ounce) package craisins, any flavor
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir in orange juice, orange peel, shortening, and egg.
- Mix until well blended.
- Stir in Craisins and nuts.
- Spread evenly in loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Wrap and store overnight.
Very nice way to use craisins! I used canola oil instead of shortening and used slightly more than two tablespoons.
This very easy recipe produced a wonderful, moist loaf. I used regular Craisins and was out of walnuts so I put the same measure of choppes pecans. I should have doubled this recipe! The first loaf is almost gone! We enjoyed this for breakfast this morning with scrambled eggs and fruit. YUM!! Thanks Kim!
This bread stays soft and moist for a lot longer than most quick breads and it's delicious. The orange flavor is amazing! Thank you!