Recipe by WiGal
I developed this to go along with Blueberry Pomegranate Infused Red Wine Vinegar. Remember that pears ripen from the inside out, the best way to check for ripeness is to "check the neck for ripeness". To do this, gently press near the stem with your thumb. When it gives to gentle pressure it is ripe, juicy and ready to eat. If you wait until the pear is soft around the middle chances are it will be overripe. I have also used Walnut Oil instead of olive oil, and subbed in goat cheese or bleu cheese -all of them are good! Radicchio is bitter so be careful that you are using just a smidgeon of it. The cooking time is the resting time in the refrigerator.
Top Review by JanuaryBride
Super fun salad. I had some fun with it, so here we go. I was out of pears (there is no doubt they would be fab in here) so added red seedless grapes (which were awesome) and fresh peaches (not so great in here). Then I put feta on half of the salad and blue cheese on the other half. LOVED the blue cheese side. Don't forget the craisins, as I felt they truly made the salad special. This is definitely fancy enough for a dinner party and then give away small bottles of the homemade vinegar as thank you gifts!!! Made for MAKE MY RECIPE. THANKS! I made this yet again and served to the neighbors at a BBQ. . .everyone loved it. You say it needs something for color and I keep thinking about this. . .how about shredded red cabbage????
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons blueberry pomegranate infused red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- radicchio, a few leaves to give it some red
- 3 bosc pears, peeled cored and chopped
- 12 red grapes, halved
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, sliced honey roasted
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- For the dressing, blend oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- In a large serving bowl, layer lettuce, pears, feta cheese, avocado, and red onions.
- Pour dressing over salad, sprinkle with almonds and dried cranberries, and let rest in refrigerator an hour before serving so that the flavors have a change to meld.