Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
My son's Fiancée family made this Oh so simple and yummy salad at Thanksgiving, it was so tasty I had to make it for our Christmas dinner! it is SO pretty to look at and good for you Too! Enjoy!!!
- 10 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted chopped
- 1⁄2 cup craisins
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute or 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon heaping sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Toast Pecans in a oven @ 350 for 5-10 minute when cooled chop and set aside.
- Mix olive oil, splenda,Balsamic vinegar, Sour Cream and Mustard together and set aside.
- Put Spinach into a bowl, add Pecans and craisins toss, add dressing toss again and serve!
Good dressing. Hubby doesn't like vinaigrettes very much, so the sour cream made this acceptable to him. It still tastes like balsamic, but the sugar and cream misty take out the tang. I served over romaine, apples, craisins, carrots, and hard-boiled eggs.
A simple salad with a very nice dressing. The craisins and pecans add special flavor. If you are going to serve the dressing on the side, I recommend serving the craisins & nuts on the side, too. Without the dressing mixed in, the add-ins just fall to the bottom of the bowl.
Everyone raved about this when I made it. My Dad said, "I am not a salad guy, but this is great!". My husband doesn't like spinach or craisins and ate it up. I make it with real sugar, and a good balsamic.