Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
While I was working at a pasta place as a cook, we often made steaks for ourselves for dinner. This marinade came about from playing with the ingredients that we had on hand. This will make even a cheap steak very tender. For the red wine, use what you are going to eat with the steaks - This is not the time for your bottle under the kitchen sink! When this has done its job tenderizing your steaks, this marinade does double duty as one if the best steak sauces out there. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 2 steaks
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 0.5 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato paste (or sauce)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Pierce steaks all over with a fork on both sides.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a freezer bag or a container.
- Place steaks in marinade for as little as one hour, but 24 is best.
- Remove steaks, shake off the excess marinade and cook the steaks to your tastes.
- Meanwhile, pour the marinade into a sauce pan. Bring to a boil and simmer until reduced by half. Serve over the finished steaks.
Was looking for a simple marinade with ingredients that I all ready had. This one met that criteria. I let the steaks sit for about 12 hours. They came off the grill juicy and tasty. Did not make the sauce because we use our own home made sauce. Highly recommend that you give this one a try. Thank you.
AWESOME!!! Thank you!
Awesome marinade - We made the sauce but it doesn't even need it. Thank you for sharing!