Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Sweet little dumplings in a warm coconut cream sauce. The Thai website says "served as a snack in comfortable" which I think means its comfort food :) from ezythaicooking.com for ZWT
- Start a large pot of water to boiling.
- Stir together the flour with 1/2 cup coconut milk until dissolved. Cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until it forms a thick dough that pulls away from the side of the pan and is no longer sticky.
- Turn dough out onto a large cutting board and as soon as it is cool enough to handle knead it for several minutes to form a homogenous ball.
- Using a press or your fingers and a fork shape small dumplings, keeping the dough that you aren't working with covered with a damp towel.
- After you have formed all of the dumplings, cook in boiling water until brightly colored and cooked through, then immediately drain.
- While the dumplings are cooking, combine the coconut milk, sugar, and salt in a large saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Add the cooked dumplings into the simmering coconut sugar mixture and simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve warm in bowls, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.