Random Rachel's Note:
Sweet little dumplings in a warm coconut cream sauce. The Thai website says "served as a snack in comfortable" which I think means its comfort food :) from ezythaicooking.com for ZWT
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the dumplings
For the sauce
- 1Start a large pot of water to boiling.
- 2Stir together the flour with 1/2 cup coconut milk until dissolved. Cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until it forms a thick dough that pulls away from the side of the pan and is no longer sticky.
- 3Turn dough out onto a large cutting board and as soon as it is cool enough to handle knead it for several minutes to form a homogenous ball.
- 4Using a press or your fingers and a fork shape small dumplings, keeping the dough that you aren't working with covered with a damp towel.
- 5After you have formed all of the dumplings, cook in boiling water until brightly colored and cooked through, then immediately drain.
- 6While the dumplings are cooking, combine the coconut milk, sugar, and salt in a large saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- 7Add the cooked dumplings into the simmering coconut sugar mixture and simmer for a few minutes.
- 8Serve warm in bowls, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crag?crg (Thai Dumplings in Coconut Cream)
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 638.5
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 913.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 82.1 g
- Protein 5.5 g