Recipe by HDMac
Tried this for the first time and everyone went for seconds!
Top Review by LisaA
My family loved this recipie! I was informed that I had to make this again. I think next time I might use some pizza sauce instead of tomato paste and Italian sausage instead of pork to add some more flavor. Yum!
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 (8 ounce) canscrescent dinner rolls
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese (7x4)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375.
- In large skillet, brown sausage and ground beef; drain.
- Stir in remaining meat ingredients; simmer uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In small bowl, combine all cheese-filling ingredients; blend well.
- Unroll dough into 4 long rectangles.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet with long sides overlapping 1/2 inch; firmly press edges and perforations to seal.
- Press or roll out to form 15x13 inch rectangle.
- Spoon half of meat filling mixture in 6 inch strip lengthwise down center of dough to within 1 inch of each end.
- Spoon cheese-filling mixture over meat mixture; top with remaining meat mixture.
- Arrange mozzarella cheese slices over meat mixture.
- Fold shortest sides of dough 1 inch over filling.
- Fold long sides of dough tightly over filling, overlapping edges in center 1/4 inch; firmly pinch center seam and ends to seal.
- Brush with milk; sprinkle with sesame seed.
- Bake at 375 for 23-27 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- To reheat Wrap loosely in foil; heat at 375 for 18-20 minutes.