Crafty crescent lasagna
Make and share this Crafty Crescent Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb sausage
- 1⁄2 lb beef, ground
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 3⁄4 cups parmesan cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Brown sausage and ground beef in skillet, stirring until crumbIy; drain.
- Add onion, tomato paste, garlic, parsley flakes, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix cottage cheese, egg, and Parmesan cheese in a bowl .
- Unroll dough; place on cookie sheet, overlapping edges.
- Seal perforations and edges.
- Spread half the meat mixture in center.
- Layer cheese mixture and remaining meat mixture over top.
- Top with shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Fold in edges to enclose filling.
- Brush with milk; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 375 degrees fahrenheit for 20 to 25 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Yields 6-8 servings.
- Kelli McEldonny, Grove, OK District Vl , Division I.
Very good!! Will make again!!
It's like a calzone, only cheating. Very filling.
This was DELICIOUS!! A great way to make lasagna better (and I didn't think that was possible)!! The family loved this! THANKS!