Prep 55 mins
Cook 30 mins
Crafty crescent lasagna
- 1⁄2 lb sausage
- 1⁄2 lb beef, ground
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Brown sausage and ground beef in skillet, stirring until crumbIy; drain.
- Add onion, tomato paste, garlic, parsley flakes, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix cottage cheese, egg, and Parmesan cheese in a bowl .
- Unroll dough; place on cookie sheet, overlapping edges.
- Seal perforations and edges.
- Spread half the meat mixture in center.
- Layer cheese mixture and remaining meat mixture over top.
- Top with shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Fold in edges to enclose filling.
- Brush with milk; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 375 degrees fahrenheit for 20 to 25 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Yields 6-8 servings.
- Kelli McEldonny, Grove, OK District Vl , Division I.
I wish I could give 0 stars. This is a horrible version of this and was a waste of time and money. The proportion of Parmesan cheese is way off. It should be more like 1/4 cup than 2 3/4 cups
Very good!! Will make again!!
It's like a calzone, only cheating. Very filling.