Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A vegetable dish that leaves you so satisfied !
- 10 medium tender zucchini, peeled and cut lengthwise into 4 pieces each
- 4 big onions, thickly cut lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon red pepper powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil or 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 pieces Indian spicy mango pickle
- Heat oil in a big heavy bottomed skillet.
- Do not smoke the same.
- Lower the heat and add salt, red pepper powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and 2 pieces of Indian mango picky Take care not to burn the spices.
- Immediately add zucchini pieces and start sauteing over high heat.
- Keep tossing gently for 10 minutes.
- Lower the heat and cover the lid for 5 minutes.
- Open and saute on high heat again for 5 minutes letting the zucchini go brown on the edges.
- Take out the zucchini carefully in the serving dish with a spoon leaving the excess oil in the skillet.
- Put onions in the left oil and brown over high heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Spread the onions over zucchini.
- Relish the crackle with rice, pasta, bread, Indian bread or Arabic/Lebanese bread.
Thank-you for posting this recipe. It was delicious. :-) I used 2 large tablespoons of vinegar instead of the mango pickle. And I put the zucchini on top of the onions, but onions aren't really necessary at all. Thanks again! :-)