Recipe by Becky in Wisconsin
I found this recipe on my food suppliers web-page. I feel it needs to be shared with others. So here it is as written, by them. The original post is for 24 people, I am scaling it back for 4 servings. These are done in individual packets in foil, but I'm sure you can make it all in one big foil packet if desired.
- 12 ounces jumbo pitted kalamata olives, drained
- 1⁄3 cup hot giardiniera mixed vegetables, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- If doing 4 individual packets: tear aluminum foil into 8' square sections. Line them up on the counter side-by-side and not overlapping.
- Fold the four corners up to form a square, leaving a 1/4" edge around the square to contain the liquid.
- Place olives on the foil. Place Giardiniera on top of the olives. Drizzle olive oil over the top,
- Fold foil over the top of the mixture.
- Place in a covered storage container and refrigerate until ready to use. Can be done up to 3 days in advance.
- When you are ready to serve, place foil pouch in a 400 degree oven until contents are very hot and oil is sizzling. About 7 - 10 minutes.
- Place packets on heated serving plate. Open the foil and drizzle balsamic vinegar over the liquid in the foil.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley. Close foil. Serve immediately.