Recipe by mailbelle
This cornbread has crushed fried pork rinds in it. Haven't tried it. Just sounded interesting so I'm posting here to try in the future.
Top Review by kattgirl81
I had to make a few changes due to having only some of the ingredients on hand. It still came out great! My subs were corn oil for butter, skim milk for whole, 2 medium eggs instead of large, and self-rising white cornmeal. Same amounts with the subs but otherwise used everything else the same. This recipe is a keeper! :-)
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups fried pork rinds, coarsely crumbled (available in potato chip section)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 8x8 inch sqare baking pan. In a large bowl, stir together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat together the milk, eggs, and butter. Add the cornmeal-flour mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in the pork rinds.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in the pan and cut into 9 squares.