Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
The name of these little biscuits is pretty self explanatory, and who doesn't like biscuits and pork fat? This recipe can easily be halved if 6 dozen biscuits is too much. I haven't tried freezing them yet but I'm sure them would be fine.
- 453.59 g cracklings, ground
- 1419.54 ml flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 14.79 ml salt
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml your favorite wine (I use chardonnay)
- 1 egg yolk
- 118.29 ml cream
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In large bowl mix together cracklings, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, sour cream, and wine.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour the egg mixture into it.
- Gradually combined the two mixtures.
- On a flour surface roll dough to 3/4 inch thickness and cut with a 2 1/2-3 inch cookie cutter.
- Place biscuit rounds on a greased cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg yolk and cream.
- Brush the tops of biscuits with cream mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.