The name of these little biscuits is pretty self explanatory, and who doesn't like biscuits and pork fat? This recipe can easily be halved if 6 dozen biscuits is too much. I haven't tried freezing them yet but I'm sure them would be fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300°F.
- 2In large bowl mix together cracklings, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 3In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, sour cream, and wine.
- 4Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour the egg mixture into it.
- 5Gradually combined the two mixtures.
- 6On a flour surface roll dough to 3/4 inch thickness and cut with a 2 1/2-3 inch cookie cutter.
- 7Place biscuit rounds on a greased cookie sheet.
- 8In a small bowl whisk together the egg yolk and cream.
- 9Brush the tops of biscuits with cream mixture.
- 10Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crackling Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (1250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 50.3
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 115.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: