Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
The name of these little biscuits is pretty self explanatory, and who doesn't like biscuits and pork fat? This recipe can easily be halved if 6 dozen biscuits is too much. I haven't tried freezing them yet but I'm sure them would be fine.
- 1 lb cracklings, ground
- 6 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 pint sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup your favorite wine (I use chardonnay)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In large bowl mix together cracklings, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, sour cream, and wine.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour the egg mixture into it.
- Gradually combined the two mixtures.
- On a flour surface roll dough to 3/4 inch thickness and cut with a 2 1/2-3 inch cookie cutter.
- Place biscuit rounds on a greased cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg yolk and cream.
- Brush the tops of biscuits with cream mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.