Recipe by Janet W
Found this in an old cookie cook book that I bought at a used book sale. They are very delicious and quite easy to make. ENJOY!!
Top Review by *Pixie*
These are delicious cookies and I love the way the top is crackled. Very easy to make. I added about 1/3 cup molasses for the 2 cups of flour and I didn't find the dough too soft. My kitchen was a bit on the cool side though, I can see that the dough might be softer in hot weather. I also added a bit extra cinnamon, since we love cinnamon. Great cookies, thanks for the recipe, Janet W.
- 158.51 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 1 large egg
- 59.14 ml molasses
- 473.18-532.32 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 78.07 ml sugar, about
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine oil and 1 cup sugar.
- Add egg, beating well.
- Stir in molasses, 2 cups flour, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger.
- If necessary, add a little more flour to make a firm dough.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls.
- Roll in 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Place 3-inces apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown and tops crack.
- Cool on racks.