1/2 Photos of Crackle-Top Ginger Date Cookies
Elly in Canada's Note:
Cookies that taste great and smell heavenly while baking
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350º F (180º C). Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- 2In a small bowl, soak 3/4 cup of the chopped dates in the boiling water for 15 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- 4Add egg, brown sugar, molasses, and butter to date and water mixture, and mix until well combined.
- 5Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients.
- 6Pour in the liquid ingredients and stir until combined. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup chopped dates.
- 7Cover cookie dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- 8With lightly floured hands, roll cookie dough into 1-inch (2.5cm) balls, then roll in granulated sugar.
- 9Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cookie dough is still soft when lightly touched. Cool completely on rack. Store cookies in a cookie jar or a tightly sealed container.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crackle-Top Ginger Date Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (868 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.1
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.6 mg
- Sodium 44.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 0.8 g