Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yup,..Named it after my cat Crackhead
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- black pepper
- 3 -4 peeled canned tomatoes or 2 peeled fresh tomatoes
- 2⁄3 cup roasted whole green chili
- 8 ounces white cheese (Monterey Jack is ok)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, diced
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup cream
- Warm cheese to room temperature.
- Melt butter in small saucepan, add onion and garlic, cover and sweat for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Meanwhile, place the tomatoes, green chiles, cumin and pepper in a food processor and chop thoroughly (don't puree).
- Add tomato mixture to pan, cook at medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until most of the water has evaporated.
- Remove pan from heat, add cheese and stir until melted.
- Add cream to thin as needed.
- If you need to rewarm the dip use very low heat to avoid breaking down the cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips, or flour tortillas.