Recipe by blancpage
Another childhood favorite of mine for a snack or appetizer. I remember my mom telling my grandma that we should introduce her to "crackers, cream cheese, and pepper jelly" and grandma said, "who are they, your cats?" Lol. This is always a hit. Nowadays with my IBS I'd have to substitute regular or light or fat-free cream cheese with a non-dairy version, such as Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese. You can purchase the tub and spread the cream cheese from that, or you can buy the brick-style cream cheese (although I don't think Tofutti makes a brick-style) and spread the pepper jelly on top, refrigerate, and then spread on the crackers. I always did it from the tub. Serving size is an estimate, depends on how much of each ingredient you want to use. Cook time is chill time if you use the brick-style. You should be able to find the pepper jelly in the regular jam/jelly section of your supermarket.
- 48 wheat crackers (I used Wheatsworth brand)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (in brick or tub, light, fat-free, regular, or non-dairy Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese)
- 8 ounces mild green jalapeno jelly (I think it comes in 8oz jars, but maybe 6oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- If using brick cream cheese, you can spread the pepper jelly over the entire brick and refrigerate then place on serving plate with wheat crackers.
- Otherwise, just spread desired amount of cream cheese on a cracker, then top with desired amount of pepper jelly. Enjoy! :).