Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Crunchy and good to please any age! I got this recipe from one of my "Company's Coming" cookbooks. These are yummy and great to make when you need a large batch of cookies.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Mix first five ingredients together well.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix together. Shape into balls. Do not flatten. Arrange on ungreased baking sheet. Bake in 375 f oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Makes about 6 dozen.
A very good recipe. I also added a few butterscotch chips I had on hand. I used 1/2 cup butter, and 1/2 cup butter-flavor crisco to keep them even chewier! Thanks, Nibblets!
These were really good! I made a half batch, but probably should have done the whole thing. I took them to work and they were gone. Next time I may put in a little bit of chuncy peanut butter, although my mother said not to, as they are just perfect already