Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Saltine crackers with a little zip. Got the recipe from a co-worker. Not greasy or soggy and taste great with soup or just by themselves. Have a bite to them though which you could adjust with amount of red pepper used. The last time we made them we added parmesan cheese.
- 453.59 g saltine crackers
- 354.88 ml canola oil
- 28.34 g package ranch dressing mix
- 19.71 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 4.92 ml ground red pepper
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- Open and put the crackers into a gallon glass jug (I found one at Wal-Mart). In a bowl mix the canola oil, ranch dressing mix, crushed red pepper, ground red pepper, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Whisk together and then pour over crackers in jar.
- Do NOT shake as this will break them.
- Lay the jug on its side and roll around until all crackers are coated. I gave it a roll every time I walked by it for a day or so until all the oil was soaked inches.
I'll admit I made a few changes, but very good. I didn't use the pepper flakes (afraid they would be too spicy)and I did bake them for 15 minutes at 325 stirring halfway through. So good with crab dip! Thanks for posting!