Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick, easy and few ingredients that fool the palet into thinking there are many more ingredients in it.
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 small bell pepper
- 1 bunch green onions or 1⁄2 cup other onion
- 1⁄4 lb cracker (any kind)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- Chop first three ingredients and put in mixing bowl. Crush the crackers and add to bowl of veggies.
- Add Mayonnaise and mix well.
- You can eat immediately or if you let sit in fridge overnight, the juices from the tomato will turn the crackers slightly pink and when eaten, people think there is shrimp or cheese in it. It is quite delightful as a very colorful and delicious salad.
- I have even used as an appetizer serving it with celery sticks or even on more crackers.
- Try it -- you won't believe how good it is!
This is great! Simple and my family can eat a lot of it. I used miracle whip and Club crackers once and Ritz crackers another time. Thanks!
I was very surprised at just how tasty this was..had my homegrown tomatoes..bell pepper & onion I usrd Miracle whip & Ritz crackers had it eor lunch..just had a bit with my supper and it is good too.... never would of thought of this combination before..but I really like it..a real fast easy lunch when you don't have lots of time or too many ingredients..it hit the spot for something different thanks for posting this