Recipe by Chilicat
This recipe has never failed me. The popcorn turns out sweet, buttery and very crispy. If you want caramel corn, just use light corn syrup instead of dark.
Top Review by leastcmplicated
Wow, this is amazing! and very easy. I only had light corn syrup but it was still amazing, very crispy and light. I'll be making this again! Although I'm a little put off by the nutrition facts... 101g of fat?!? how is that possible??
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 1 1⁄2 cups cocktail peanuts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix popcorn and peanuts in a large bowl or roasting pan. Keep warm in a 250°F oven.
- Melt butter in a 2 quart saucepan. Stir in sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a rolling boil on medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in soda and vanilla.
- Quickly pour over warm popcorn while tossing until well coated. Spread in a shallow baking pan or roasting pan.
- Bake at 250°F for 45 minutes. Stir every 15 minutes. Make sure every piece of popcorn has been moved around on the bottom.
- Remove from oven and turn out onto foil to let cool.
- Store in a tightly covered container.