Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe has never failed me. The popcorn turns out sweet, buttery and very crispy. If you want caramel corn, just use light corn syrup instead of dark.
- Mix popcorn and peanuts in a large bowl or roasting pan. Keep warm in a 250°F oven.
- Melt butter in a 2 quart saucepan. Stir in sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a rolling boil on medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in soda and vanilla.
- Quickly pour over warm popcorn while tossing until well coated. Spread in a shallow baking pan or roasting pan.
- Bake at 250°F for 45 minutes. Stir every 15 minutes. Make sure every piece of popcorn has been moved around on the bottom.
- Remove from oven and turn out onto foil to let cool.
- Store in a tightly covered container.
Wow, this is amazing! and very easy. I only had light corn syrup but it was still amazing, very crispy and light. I'll be making this again! Although I'm a little put off by the nutrition facts... 101g of fat?!? how is that possible??
I actually got this recipe elsewhere, but it's the same. It tastes great and easy to do. I make this before going to the ball game now and it beats Cracker Jack hands down in freshness and taste. Great treat for kids (as long as they don't have a peanut allergy). Just try keeping them or a sweet tooth out of it!