This recipe has never failed me. The popcorn turns out sweet, buttery and very crispy. If you want caramel corn, just use light corn syrup instead of dark.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix popcorn and peanuts in a large bowl or roasting pan. Keep warm in a 250°F oven.
- 2Melt butter in a 2 quart saucepan. Stir in sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a rolling boil on medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in soda and vanilla.
- 3Quickly pour over warm popcorn while tossing until well coated. Spread in a shallow baking pan or roasting pan.
- 4Bake at 250°F for 45 minutes. Stir every 15 minutes. Make sure every piece of popcorn has been moved around on the bottom.
- 5Remove from oven and turn out onto foil to let cool.
- 6Store in a tightly covered container.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cracker Jack - Copycat
Serving Size: 1 (721 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1717.5
- Calories from Fat 915
- Total Fat 101.7 g
- Saturated Fat 36.8 g
- Cholesterol 122.0 mg
- Sodium 1195.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 187.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.1 g
- Sugars 121.6 g
- Protein 33.9 g