Recipe by FrenchBunny
This is a great batch of cookies to make for school bazaars or for your own home. Absolutely delicious, my kids love them. But this does make a large batch. I usually do half now and it makes 48 cookies. I vary the optional with coconut or chocolate chips or raisins. Sometimes I separate the batches and mix in chocolate chips in one and raisins in another.
Top Review by Julie F
The name of this cookie had me expecting them to taste like cracker jacks. That was not the case, but they sure were a "cracker jack" of a cookie! I added some coconut and loved that. I love that it makes a large batch. I used half this week and have the other half in the freezer for a busy week when I don't have time to bake! Thanks for sharing!
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup coconut, shredded (optional)
- chocolate, chip (optional)
- raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl cream together shortening, sugars, eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix into wet ingredients
- Add cereals and optional mix and stir well
- Drop by Teaspoon fulls onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 F for 10 or 12 minutes.