Recipe by Caryn
Another one of my grandmother's cookie recipes.
Top Review by Kat in Texas
4.75 stars on this one. I don't say this often but these things are honestly addicting! Made them yesterday and when I first tried them, thought they were "missing" something. (Might be because most of the cookies I bake have chocolate ... I'm still pondering this.) Yet I noticed today that whenever I walked by & grabbed one, I always went back at least 3 times (I'm not going to tell you the exact number of times)! These are chewy-slightly crispy and while you taste the peanuts and have a hint of the coconut, no one flavor overpowers the taste. DARNED good to eat!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture; mix well.
- Fold in oatmeal, rice krispies, coconut, and nuts.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 8 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.