Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from my mother-in-law's mother. She likes to serve this warm.
Make and share this Cracker Custard recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cans evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 box of premium saltine crackers
- Put 1/2 cup sugar and 2 eggs in pot and beat.
- Mix in water and milk with egg mixture and cook on medium heat until it steams.
- In a little bowl, add 1/3 cup water with 2 teaspoon corn starch and mix well.
- Add the 1/2 the corn starch mixture to the stove mixture; keep adding slowly to a slightly creamy consistancy.
- Bring to a boil and add vanilla extract.
- Take off heat then add one package row of crackers at a time (using about 2 1/2 to 3 package rows depending on thickness).
- Becareful when adding crackers, leave some liquid since the crackers will soak the liquid up.
- Mix well and eat warm.