This is an old recipe that my MIL has kept and still makes. The hubby loves it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir in a large pot: sugar, eggs, all evaporated milk, and water.
- 2On medium heat, let mixture cook until it steams.
- 3Taste for sweetness, add more sugar if needed.
- 4Add two teaspoons of corn starch to the 2 tablespoons of cold water and wisk.
- 5Add the cornstarch water and vanilla to the milk mixture in the pot, bring to a boil.
- 6Take off heat.
- 7Crush cracker slightly, leaving some big chunks and add one pack of crackers at a time to milk mixture.
- 8Mix well.
- 9Add more crushed crackers if too soupy.
- 10Once satisfied with the consistency, spoon into a casserole dish and spread even.
- 11Store leftovers in fridge for upto a 5 - 7 days.
- 12Note: She enjoys this slightly warmed and my husband enjoys it cold. I like condensed milk drizzled on top.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cracker Custard
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.2
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 93.8 mg
- Sodium 516.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 25.3 g
- Protein 11.0 g