Recipe by Jenny Frenny
This recipe comes from an old local cookbook where I live. This is a great dish to take to someone that has been sick or had a baby.
Top Review by sqlbait
We added vegetables because it really needed it, but the mayonnaise gave it a strange taste, and I couldn't finish it. I would rather just use more creamed soup. And maybe some seasonings and herbs.
- 2 (4 ounce) sleeves round butter flavored crackers
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into small pieces
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 2 cups egg noodles, cooked
- 8 ounces sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 casserole dish.
- While the crakers are still enclosed in the plastic sleeve, pound them with a rolling pin to crush them into crumbs. Pour in bowl and mix in melted butter. Set aside.
- Mix chicken, soups, water, mayonnaise, lemon juice, onion, noodles and sour cream in a bowl.
- Spoon half of the crumb mixture on the bottom of baking dish and spread evenly. Top with all of the chicken mixture. Spread the rest of the crumbs over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until bubbling.