Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Wow! These are outta this world tasting! My favorite cookie. So simple and quick to make. I usually make the icing more of a glaze, but you can make it thicker if you like. Delicious!
- 1 cup dates, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
- townhouse cracker
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- powdered sugar
- milk, to desired consistency
- Mix first 3 ingredients together.
- Put in double boiler, cook till thick.
- Spread on Townhouse crackers.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Cool, then ice.
Perfect with a tall COLD glass of milk! These were so good, just right for the sweet tooth in most of us. I made 1/4 of the recipe and I used Ritz crackers, but other than this I prepared as directed. I love the "butteryness" of the cracker with the toppings. The condensed milk had a slight caramel/butterscotch flavor. I have managed to save a few for DH. Delicious! Thanks Aunt Paula!
These cookies went together well and were very easy to make. I wanted and tried to like them but these just weren't to my taste.=( I am really glad I made them and hope others will give these a try. Thanks for posting, Aunt Paula. =)