Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This was my grandmother's recipe. Pork chops may be used instead of chicken.
- 1 (3 lb) chicken, cut into pieces (or any chicken parts)
- 3⁄4 lb saltine crackers
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried onion
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Grind the crackers in food processor until fine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and grind a few more seconds.
- Empty the crumbs into a gallon Ziploc bag.
- Salt and pepper the meat.
- Coat the meat by shaking a few pieces at a time in the bag of crumbs.
- Place the meat pieces on a cookie sheet (pieces can be drizzled with melted butter or left as is).
- Bake in a 400°F oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
A couple of times a year my mom would make this for us as a real treat. She always used Chicken breasts and we all loved it. She browned hers in butter first in an old iron skillet before she put it into the oven. It's a delicious recipe!