Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This came from Haunting Our Finest Cookbook, a Junior League cookbook from Franklin, Tennessee. I like this recipe because I'm always looking for different ways to fix chicken and the blend of these ingredients appealed to me. It's also super easy to make.
- 1 (8 ounce) boxsnack crackers, crumbled
- 6 chicken breasts or 1 whole chicken, stewed and cut into bit sized pieces
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup margarine, melted
- Line a 9x13 inch casserole dish with one half of the snack cracker crumbs.
- Mix the soups, sour cream, water chestnuts and chicken.
- Spoon this mixture over the cracker crumbs.
- Spread the other half of the crumbs over this mixture.
- Pour melted margarine over the top of this.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
This was super easy but not super flavorful. I would chop up the waterchestnuts instead of just leaving them as a slice. I also added a 1 tbsp garlic salt and 1 tsp pepper.
Outstanding! I used chicken thighs and placed them a little too close together, so I ended up having to cook it for almost double the suggested time. Next time I make it, I'll be sure to remove the bones from the chicken and space the pieces out better, and I think it should cook faster. Everyone loved it, the bf even told me that "I had found my thing" to cook.