Who would of thought a candy with a cracker base would taste so yummy, recipe came from a church cookbook. My 13 y/o son loves to help make this. Enjoy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Line 9x13 in.
- pan with aluminum foil Lightly coat foil with nonstick cooking spray Add crackers Bring butter and brown sugar to boil in a medium saucepan, stirring constantly; cook 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Pour mixture over crackers and spread.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Turn off oven.
- Sprinkle crackers with chocolate chips, let stand in oven 3 minutes or until chocolate melts.
- Spread evenly over crackers.
- Top with pecans and/or candy sprinkles.
- Cool and break in pieces.
- Store in airtight container in refrigator.
This candy is so rich and buttery!!! It is so good. I had some saltines that I wanted to use up, and could not resist using them in this recipe. Well, this candy is so irresistible that I feel the pounds piling on! Really easy too! Thanks, luztocook, for posting an easy delicious recipe!
Made this recipe with 1 stick of butter and subbed dark chocolate chips for the milk chocolate chips. Topped with walnuts. Very yummy!
My sister in law recently made this for me. It is good, I think she used white sugar, I'm not sure. But either way I liked it. She called it "PMS" candy. :)