Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
We like these great little appetizers. Soft cracker bread can be found in you deli section of your supermarket, sometimes its called, lavosh. If you can't find it you can substitue 4 flour tortillas for the cracker bread. Cook time is chill time.
- 1 soft cracker bread, room temperature (16 inches)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 4 ounces thinly sliced ham
- 12 large spinach leaves, stems removed
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin bite-sized strips
- Cut cracker bread in half crosswise.
- In small bowl, mix cream cheese, basil and oregano.
- Spread half cream cheese mixture on 1 cracker bread half to within 1/4 inch of edges.
- Arrange half of ham slices over cream cheese to within 1 inch of rounded edge.
- Top with 6 spinach leaves.
- Starting about 1 inch from straight edge, arrange half of bell pepper strips in rows parallel to straight edge.
- Starting with straight edge, roll up tightly.
- Wrap roll tightly in plastic wrap.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to make second roll.
- Refrigerate rolls until firm enough to slice, at least 20 minutes.
- Cut rolls into 1 inch thick slices.