Recipe by Rhonda
I don't know if this is Cracker Barrel's actual hash browns casserole recipe, but it is close. This recipe can feed a large crowd and is good for a brunch.
Top Review by Terri F.
I used the cream of mushroom soup also, and made two batches, one with and one without butter. The one without actually tasted better... creamier and didn''t have the fat on top after baking. Great recipe, but I would eliminate the butter.
- 907.18 g frozen hash browns
- 118.29 ml margarine or 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 290.58 g can cream of chicken soup
- 473.19 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml onion, peeled and chopped
- 473.18 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper