Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I don't know if this is Cracker Barrel's actual hash browns casserole recipe, but it is close. This recipe can feed a large crowd and is good for a brunch.
- 907.18 g frozen hash browns
- 118.29 ml margarine or 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 290.58 g can cream of chicken soup
- 473.19 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml onion, peeled and chopped
- 473.18 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray an 11 x 14 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix the above ingredients together, place in prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until brown on top.
I used the cream of mushroom soup also, and made two batches, one with and one without butter. The one without actually tasted better... creamier and didn''t have the fat on top after baking. Great recipe, but I would eliminate the butter.
This is as close as it gets and I've been trying to duplicate for a long time. Thaw the shredded hash browns first otherwise casserole is really watery. A little more cheese and stirring about half way through really helped to crisp up the casserole. This one is a keeper. Thanks!!!
Excellent!! Delicious!! I substituted Cheddar Cheese soup in lieu of Cream Of Chicken. I also sprinkled a little extra cheddar cheese on top about ten minutes before it was done. My family loved them! Will use this recipe for upcoming barbecues this summer!